How You Can Help Us
- Please let us know of any changes to your name, address or telephone number as soon as possible so that we can update our records
- Only call a Doctor ‘out of hours’ if it is urgent and cannot wait until the next day
- Please try to arrive on time for your appointment.
- Please let us know as soon as possible if you cannot keep an appointment.
- Please do not request a home visit if you are able to come to the surgery. If you are too ill to attend surgery, please ring to request a home visit before 11.00 am.
- Monday mornings are our busiest period. During this time we would be grateful if you could refrain from telephoning for non–urgent blood tests results and prescriptions etc.
- Please try to leave routine telephone enquiries until after 11.00 am to keep the phone free for more urgent problems. Your co-operation is appreciated.
Violent and abusive patients
The practice operates a zero tolerance policy towards violent and abusive patients, on similar lines to the NHS. Any patient who is violent or aggressive to the Doctors, staff or other persons present on the practice premises will be removed from the list and the police will be called if anyone is threatened or feel intimidated by abusive behaviour.