This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.




Have you tripped or fallen in the last year?

Exercise can help you! Join our free, safe, effective exercise classes for the over 60s

Free classes for people registered with a Nottingham North & East GP – not sure if you qualify? Give us a call.

More times & locations available. Contact us for more information.

12-week course, Mondays 10.30am – midday (Starts 25th June 2018) at

Park House Health Centre

61 Burton Road

Carlton, Nottingham. NG4 3DQ

  • Helps you stay active & independent for longer
  • Improves balance & strength
  • Standing & seated exercises
  • Increases your confidence
  • Helps prevent falls & injuries
  • A chance to socialise and meet new people
  • Keep active & enjoy yourself
  • Access information


For more information or to book your place (booking essential), contact:

Telephone: 0115 919 4878



Peacock Web-Page fault

Please accept our sincere apologies for the technical error that occurred whereby the on-line access to our web-page was not available. This was due to a technical error that has now been resolved 


Due to the high demand on HCA appointments, all routine blood tests are now to be done at Park House by appointment only  Tel 0115 9617616,  with the exception of Warfarin and Rheumatoid Arthritis monitoring. Please make sure that you have your ICE request form to take with you to this appointment otherwise no bloods can be taken.  Thank You.

You may also have your bloods taken at the:

Arnold Health Centre, High Street, Arnold, Nottingham, NG5 7BQ. Tel: 0115 8832300



The way we handle electronic prescriptions for some of our patients is changing from 27th March 2017. Click here for more information and to find out whether these changes will affect you.





Helpful advice on accessing local services/out-of-hours services:

Should you need urgent medical attention while we are closed, please ring the surgery number.  You will be automatically transferred to our "out of hours" provider, Nottingham Emergency Medical Services (NEMS).  They will advise you on the best option for you. If you do need to be seen they will advise where this will be.

Another option should you have difficulty contacting NEMS; please ring 111. this is a free call - They will also advise you on the best option for you. If you do need to be seen they will advise where this will be. Please avoid going to the Accident & Emergency Dept if you can.


Our simple guide below is intended to help you  make the right decision:

Step 1 - It's not an Emergency:- Go to / contact your local Pharmacy for immediate health advice & for minor health problems.

Pharmacies sell medicines for a wide range of ailments without a prescription and can advise on where best to get further help if needed.

Get advice or medicines from the pharmacy for:

• High temperature, aches and pains  • Stomach upsets, indigestion  and  constipation.     • Allergies, hay fever, bites and stings;  • Coughs and colds;  • Cystitis, urinary infections and thrush • Conjunctivitis;  • Emergency contraception (morning after pill)

Don’t let a health problem become urgent – contact your GP surgery and make an appointment with the Doctor if symptoms persist.

Please follow link below for a list of Pharmacists in the Nottingham.


Step 2 - I NEED to see a Doctor or a Nurse - Call the surgery.

If for any reason you are unable to secure an appointment with your GP there is the NHS Urgent Care Centre , Seaton House, off London Road, Nottingham, NG2 4LA where an appointment is not required. You can see an experienced nurse for the treatment of minor injuries and illnesses without an appointment.

NHS URGENT CARE CENTRE  – no appointment needed and are open 365 days a year :

For more information please contact NHS Nottingham North and East Clinical Commissioning Group Patient Advice and Liaison Service on 0800 028 3693 or email:


Dentist if you are in pain:- Registered patients should phone their own dental practice.

You can also dial  111 for dental advice.

For advice on registering with a dental practice call PALS on 0800 183 0456.

Please follow link below to locate a Dentist near you:


Step 3 - What Is An Emergency?

An emergency is a serious injury or life-threatening problem: 1 in 4 people who go to A&E don't need to be there!

Remember that A&E and dialing 999 for an Ambulance should only be used in emergencies; for example:


• Collapse or unconsciousness; • Severe chest pain; • Severe breathing difficulty; • Heavy bleeding; • broken/ suspected broken bones; • Deep wounds (e.g. stab wounds/laceration) In an emergency you can go to your nearest hospital A&E department or call 999 for an ambulance.

Attending A&E/calling for an Ambulance for minor problems such as you can't get an appointment with your GP or because you have no transport may put other people’s lives at risk, increase waiting times for other patients and ultimately is not an efficient use of NHS resources. Contacting your local pharmacist, your GP practice or using NHS Urgent Care Centre will usually result in faster and more appropriate advice and treatment.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website